Thursday, August 14, 2008

Rush Limbaugh Okays Edward’s Cheatin’ Heart

Trusting and loving your partner in marriage is one of those things that can rip apart a heart when the trust is broken.

Marriage is an institution that can bring so much joy, comfort and misery than any other institution I've experienced. I'm comfortable discussing matrimony's state since I'm on my third set of vows.

We can't help but notice that the far right is pro-marriage as long as it's man and woman. But that's not what this blog is about. Yesterday the far right water carrier, Rush Limbaugh, slipped up and told the truth about himself and maybe his ditto heads when he said,

"We've been told that Elizabeth Edwards is smarter than John Edwards.  That's part of the puff pieces on them that we've seen.  Ergo, if Elizabeth Edwards is smarter than John Edwards, is it likely that she thinks she knows better than he does what his speeches ought to contain?  And what kind of things he ought to be doing strategy wise in a campaign?  If she is smarter than he is, could it have been her decision to keep going with the campaign? 

In other words, could it be that she doesn't shut up?  Now, that's as far as I'm going to go…It just seems to me that Edwards might be attracted to a woman—whose mouth did something other than talk."


Are you disgusted or do you think it's funny?

I wasn't in cancer treatment or just out of treatment like Elizabeth Edwards was while her meandering ass of a spouse was doing his thing with whomever. (Quick note, spouse #3, was my strength and blessed one while I was in cancer treatment.) However, once upon a time when I was not in good circumstances, an earlier spouse wandered from our bed into another's. I cannot express the lasting anguish that followed me for decades. At a time when I needed my husband more than ever (and Elizabeth Edwards needed hers more than ever), he was busying himself with another woman-women. Why? Because he could, and as other's have stated, like Limbaugh, maybe I should have taken "better care" of my husband.

My friends (sorry about that McCainism), this is bull crap.

May I recommend to those considering joining Club Wed, think seriously about that "in sickness and in health" business. If that doesn't really work for you, stay single.


 

2 comments:

George Farris said...

Dearest Char:

Yes, I know some couples in our society have an open relationship, but that does not seem to be so in the instant case.

Betrayal is an ugly deed no matter how it's dressed and I was disgusted to see the general acceptance to Mr. Clinton's amoral actions while in the Oval Office, and even more so abroad.

My reaction is by no means lessened in the case of John Edwards. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see other revelations of the laxity his moral character seep out of the woodwork.

Infidelity is a curse that has been with us from time immortal, but I concur there is no excuse for Limbaugh's cruel and crude remarks. Which hardly demonstrate compassion for any concerned.

I suppose Limbaugh demonstrates how deceptive it is to apply tags to individuals because his crude and amoral behavior does nothing to distinguish him from shock jock Howard Stern.

The bottom line is that some people for a buck, and according to Forbes Magazine's estimate, Limbaugh is prepared to say anything to keep his $30 million per annum rolling-in.

Your Antelope Acres roommate,
Paul

Charmaine Coimbra said...

Good thoughts on the issue, old roomy...Not only do I believe that we are responsible for what we say and do, I also believe in karma--in one form or the other.

One might get that 30-million dollar annual income, but at what price?